Makes 14 cupcakes
For the Cupcakes
1 and ¾ Cups Cake Flour
¾ Teaspoon Baking Powder
¼ Teaspoon Baking Soda
¼ Teaspoon Salt
½ Cup Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
1 Cup Granulated Sugar
3 Large Egg Whites, at room temperature
2 Teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
½ Cup Full-Fat Sour Cream
½ Cup Whole Milk
¼ Cup of Your Favorite Jelly
· Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
· Line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners.
Line a second pan with 2 liners – this recipe makes about 14 cupcakes. Set aside.
· Whisk the cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together. Set aside.
· Using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter on high speed until smooth and creamy – about 1 minute.
· Add the sugar and beat on high speed for 2 minutes, until creamed together.
· Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed.
· Add the egg white and vanilla extract. Beat on medium-high speed until combined, then beat in the sour cream.
· Again scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed.
· With the mixer on low speed, add the dry ingredients until just incorporated.
· With the mixer still running on low, slowly pour in the milk until combined – do not overmix. You may need to whisk it all by hand to make sure there are not lumps at the bottom of the bowl.
· Spoon the batter into the liners – fill only 2/3 full to avoid spilling over the sides.
· Bake for 19-22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
· Let cupcakes cool for approximately 10 minutes, then remove them and put on a wire rack so they can cool completely.
· Using a sharp serrated knife, cut a circle/hole into the center of each cupcake to create a little pocket about ¾-inch deep.
· Place about 1 teaspoon of jelly inside and then top with the piece of cupcake you removed.
For the Peanut Butter Frosting
5 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
1 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
1 Cup Confectioners’ Sugar
1/3 Cup Heavy Cream
1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
¼ Teaspoon Salt
Optional: Crushed Peanuts for Topping
· Using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat the softened butter on medium speed for 1 minute until completely smooth and creamy.
· Add the peanut butter and beat on medium-high speed until the two are combined.
· Add the confectioners’ sugar, cream, vanilla extract, and salt. Beat on low speed for about 20 seconds, then gradually increase to high speed. Beat on high for 1 minute.
· Frost the cupcakes with a spoon or piping bag and tip.
· Optional: Sprinkle crushed peanuts on top of frosting.
Download the full recipe here